Thursday 29 August 2013

The Bondage

From the way she stared at me
From the seat across the hall
I could tell,
That in her books
I was the perfect definition of immoral and indecent
with my V-shaped tight vest
curving clearly the river between my valleys
and my skinny legs
exposed by my chisel-shaped skirt
I could see it in her eyes.
The only visible features
from her entirely veiled body
Those big beautiful eyes
They betrayed her desire
her undying desire
that for a minute she could be me
In my place of freedom
to operate free from the book
Away from bondage
Not veiled from the world
By the dictated costume
The scripted costume
she has known from her childhood
Then the desire swelled to hate
I could read it in those eyes
You see,even though she forced that smile,
Those eyes could not lie
The grumbling curses from her within
I could read them in those big beautiful eyes.
That desire to be in my place
And the sad dawn
that she could never be
she has a scripted life
and that is how she has to live
by the book.
Eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment