Monday 31 October 2011

I AM A RICH MAN'S CHILD

I am a rich man's child
I don't know what walking bare feet means
Or how it feels to sleep on an empty stomach
Unless of course I choose to.

I have gone to the best schools
International ones
I got the best education
Even though my grades were not that pleasant
Local education does not suit my quo
I have wined and dined with the high ranked
From ambassadors to the king's men
I drove my first car at 16
I panic at the presence of a fly
Get immunized against germs.

I wear Prada and Gucci
Where is Gikomba anyway?
I party at expensive clubs
I associate not with the common citizen
I definitely can't be your friend
If your family name is alien
How will I answer to my father
How I ever met you?

I didn't choose to be born here
It's not my fault you are not me, or like me
I do not apologize
Why should I?
I am a rich man's child.

2 comments:

  1. Funny and at the same time satirical! Love the poem, its pure nyceness! keep the talent blazing.

    ReplyDelete