Sunday 23 October 2011

LIKE IT'S MY LAST DAY

Listen, listen to the silence
As the wind whistles loudly
Whispering....
the ghosts of disaster
The gloom and melancholy that has
invaded this empire of freshness
Listen, listen to the silence
The ambiance of the noon and after.

But I don't want this silence

It reminds me of the sleeping and the dead
It reminds of that child that died of cholera
That mother that gave birth in the bush
The little girl that was molested and raped by the man she called father
The sadness of the fear to fail
Wasted talents, crushed dreams
It reminds me of the misplaced priorities
that have been given the forefront
instead of basic simple issues that are easy to implement.
The phantom of corruption, poverty, hunger
marginalization and poor education standards
That have engulfed this humble home

Rather,
I will shout and sing
Shout, sing, dance and jump
Jump over roofs and across fences
Jump from cliff to cliff
Break a leg break a neck
Climb mountains, sail oceans
Sing shout and jump

Scream the names of the ones I love
Forget the pain of the ones I have lost
Sing shout, sing shout and jump
Enjoy this moment like it's my last
For what tomorrow has, I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment